The Young Men’s Chorus is a group young men (14-18 yo) that already have (lots of) choirexperience and are now learning to use their 'new', deep voice. They are individually guided in private lessons and rehearse together. Next to that, they regularly take part in bigger projects like the Mozart Requiem or the St John Passion with ACVA VOCES.
This fast evolving choir is currently being led by Silvère van Lieshout. He has been active in the children's choir world for over 50 years and has built a large expertise in working with evolving male voices.
This internship offers the opportunity to watch Silvère and to learn this on the go while teaching under his guidance.
• You're musically skilled (diploma choir conducting/teacher of music/singing is beneficial, but no prerequisite).
• You like working with children and youngsters.
• You like classical music and transfer this passionately to the children.
• You're organised, assertive and communicative.
• You like to work in a young and enthusiastic team.
• You speak, read and write English on a good level.
• You're available on Tuesday- and Thursday afternoon/evening.
• You live in (the surroundings of) The Hague.
The Academy of Vocal Arts already provides music education in a special way for children and youth in the Netherlands for 32 years and was the first in the country to do so in this form. The lessons are taking place at a nice, own location in The Hague. You'll get the opportunity to observe Silvère van Lieshout's classes and will be tutored in private by him in didactics, pedagogics and rehearsaltechniques. For this internship there is a small budget available to cover expenses. There are possibilities to grow into the position of conductor of the Young Men’s Chorus after consultation.
Conversations will be held in the third week of January 2023. Upon admission to the internship the first lessons will be in February 2023.
For more information, call our director Daniëlle van Lieshout: 06 28 15 28 33.